Our ESG strategy
Great ideas that last
At MONTONI, we are committed to making environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria a permanent strategic reflex. With AMBITION by MONTONI, we are building on our past experience to deliver on our promises for the future.
Our ESG strategy serves as a compass, with five distinct ambitions. Our goal is to leave a sustainable environment for future generations to live in.
Day after day, we aim to contribute to the ecological transition by providing innovative solutions that enable us to build ever- greener buildings.
Over the last 20 years, our team has built on its solid expertise to develop more than 50 sustainable projects that have achieved LEED certification, ZCB (Zero-Carbon Building) standards or Distinction by MONTONI certification.
Exceeding the standards
We don't just meet strict standards, we exceed them by setting our own criteria for reducing the environmental impact of new buildings
Putting carbon neutrality at the core of our every endeavor
Our climate mission
- Enhance data collection and analysis;
- Minimize the environmental impact of new construction;
- Increase the energy efficiency of existing buildings;
- Aim for carbon neutrality in our real estate portfolio.
We strive to deliver the best sustainable projects in the industry —nothing less. By challenging existing regulations and continuously innovating, we work with our clients and partners to create a greener legacy.
By pushing the boundaries of responsible design, our experts create high-performance buildings that benefit the health of their occupants and the environment.
The first company to construct a LEED® Gold-certified commercial building in Canada
Up to 30% less water used
thanks to the latest plumbing technology
Our environmental objectives
- Soundly manage construction sites;
- Optimize the use of water resources;
- Reduce construction waste.
Combining prosperity and energy efficiency
Reduce and recycle
to lessen the amount of waste generated by our construction projects
Talent and culture
We believe that a company's prosperity depends first and foremost on the talent within it. To support the development of our team members, we strive to provide a fair, respectful and safe working environment that is healthy, dynamic, and rewarding.
Our exceptional projects are the result of an exceptional team, where expertise and professional satisfaction go hand in hand.
A focus on employee excellence
Our HR initiatives aim to:
- Motivate and recognize contributions;
- Focus on succession development and management;
- Prioritize the health and safety of our team;
- Promote a healthy, active lifestyle;
- Foster equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- Promote sustainable development as a core company value.
As corporate citizens, we believe it is our duty to participate actively and positively in the community. This mindset guides our strategic decisions.
We also get involved by taking concrete action in our communities and supporting causes close to our hearts.
helps families, especially women and children, in Québec and abroad, by promoting empowerment.
total donations raised participating in the Tremblant 24H fundraiser in 2022
The objectives of our community involvement:
- Be committed corporate citizens that upholds the values of its leaders;
- Encourage our team to volunteer.
Our ESG strategy ensures that we not only maintain high standards of transparency and corporate responsibility, but also support our partners in achieving their own ESG goals.
Our successes and achievements are the result of a robust governance structure that reflects our promise, our leadership, and our values.
LEED® GOLD and WELL certifications are sought for corporate offices
of the executive team are women
Our executive team's objectives:
- Adopt best practices and lead by example;
- Develop a governance structure that reflects our leadership;
- Implement a transparent ESG methodology;
- Maintain exemplary performance by the executive team.