Last updated: October 15th, 2021.
MONTONI Group (“MONTONI”, “we”, “us” or “our”), a construction and property development industry leader, is firmly committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
To provide you with quality services, we need to have access to certain personal information about you. We ensure that our employees manage this information with the utmost discretion and discipline, in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements in force.
This Policy does not apply to third-party websites and software that can be accessed through the website.
MONTONI has designated a Privacy Officer. If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy, please contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com.
By “personal information,” we mean any information about an identifiable individual or any facts that, on their own or combined with other data, can identify an individual. In general, personal information does not include elements of your professional contact information such as your name and title, your organization’s address or your workplace telephone number.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
In the course of our business and service delivery, personal information collected may include, but is not limited to:
- Your contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address or phone number, so that we can identify and correspond with you;
- Marketing information and communication preferences; e.g., in comments or survey responses;
- Information about the use of our website, including technical information about visits or any other information collected through cookies or other similar tools;
- Recruitment information, such as résumés, information about your professional or academic background, results of psychometric tests or any other information relevant to potential recruitment;
- Any other personal information provided.
We do not purposefully or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14.
In addition to this information, we also collect the following anonymized data in connection with your use of our site:
- Number of visits;
- Conversion rate;
- Average length of your visit;
- Actions performed on our site;
- Pages viewed during your visit;
- The type of device used during your visit;
- The Web browser used during your visit;
- The IP address used during your visit;
- Visitor origin, i.e., the Web page you visited before being redirected to our site;
- The advertising campaign that brought you to our site.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by MONTONI will be used for the following purposes:
- Building and managing our relationship with you:
- Providing and maintaining services requested;
- Making it easier to use our site, ensuring its relevance and following up on how it is used;
- Responding to your requests for information;
- Engaging in business development and marketing, including to inform our current and future clients about new offers, with prior agreement from the person in question;
- Conducting research and development in order to ensure that we maintain the highest security standards and understand our customers’ requirements of to improve our offerings;
- Recruiting staff, processing applications and evaluating applicants’ profiles against the requirements of the position;
- As permitted or required, for any applicable legal or regulatory obligation or provision;
- Any other purpose to which you consent.
Except as already provided by applicable privacy legislation, MONTONI will obtain your consent before using your personal information for purposes not previously identified.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- From you
You provide certain personal information directly, for example, when you communicate with us, fill out an online request form or click on an advertisement that we place on a third-party website (e.g., Google, Facebook).
- From third parties
We may also collect personal information from third parties, from publicly available records as permitted by law, or if we have obtained the necessary consent.
- Using cookies
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you use websites and online services. They are used for the efficient operation of websites and can provide information and help customize services. MONTONI collects the personal information provided by cookies.
By using cookies, we are able to provide you with advertising that is more relevant to your needs, as it is targeted to your interests and preferences. When you visit our site, cookies tell us, among other things, which pages you are interested in and, as a result, we may subsequently display advertising that match your interests.
Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information per se. They may, however, contain a unique identifier necessary for profiling.
MONTONI uses different types of cookies (collectively referred to as cookies here):
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. They make it easier to customize and improve the user experience. For instance, they may remember your preferences so that you don’t have to re-enter information more than once. They allow us to understand your behaviour in order to improve our site.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. They use information about your visit to the site, such as the pages viewed or your response to ads, to help provide the best user experience based on your situation.
MONTONI mainly uses two types of cookies:
- Sessional cookie: This cookie is kept in memory for the duration of your visit to our site, after which it is erased from your device. It is used to identify you and is then deleted when you leave the site.
- Persistent cookie: This cookie is stored on your device until it expires and will be retrieved the next time you visit our site. Our persistent cookies last for 30 days.
It is possible to prevent our site’s customization features by disabling cookies on your browser. You can do this by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device.
If you choose to disable cookies, however, certain pages or sections of our site may not display properly or certain features may not be available.
Do other sites have access to cookies when I browse your site?
From time to time, we may use third-party service providers.
When you access our site, either directly or through an advertisement redirecting you to it, a cookie file is automatically created on your computer or mobile device. At that point, a web analytics tool (e.g., Google Analytics) and possibly external ad servers have access to this cookie, which allows us to provide you with a better experience on our site or, in some cases, to track your activity to promote some of our products and services. Although a code in the cookie file identifies you as a user, it does not recognize you by name or address.
Our service providers may also need to collect your IP address or mobile device identifier when you visit a site. This information may be transmitted to and stored on servers located in Canada or elsewhere, such as the United States. MONTONI does not combine any information collected by these third parties with information we hold about you. Please be aware, however, that certain suppliers may be required to disclose data collected to third parties if required by law or if they wish to entrust the processing of certain data to third parties. No information that would allow these suppliers to identify you is transmitted to them.
Please note that third-party service providers have their own cookies and privacy policies.
Use of Google Analytics
MONTONI uses Google Analytics, which is provided by Google Inc. (Google), to analyze the browsing behaviours of visitors to its site, which is a tool for analyzing traffic to and use of websites.
The information collected by Google Analytics is used to analyze the use of our site and to generate statistical reports on visitor activity. You can obtain more information about Google Analytics here.
MONTONI also works with third-party advertising companies, such as Facebook and Google Ads, that collect and use information about your visits to our site in order to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. MONTONI does not disclose any information that would allow the advertising companies to identify you.
Please note that our advertising partners and other third parties may also set cookies or web beacons when you click on their advertisements or links to their websites or services on our site. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites or third-party advertising providers.
You can disable Google Analytics while browsing by selecting the appropriate settings for your browser or computer tool, as well as ad settings. You may opt out of sharing your information with these third parties by installing an add-on and thus refuse to receive interest-targeted ads.
MONTONI also uses Facebook’s personalized audience feature to target advertising related to the interests of its current and potential customers. You can check your Facebook privacy settings if you wish to manage your ad preferences. More information is available here.
Note that even if you choose not to receive ads targeted to your interests, you will still be able to see MONTONI ads. In this case, our ads will simply not be adapted to your real needs and may be displayed more frequently.
Social media features
Links to websites
It is important to understand that this Policy does not apply to other third-party websites that may be accessed from links on our site. We are not responsible for these third-party sites, their content or access to them. Consequently, any personal information you transmit through these sites is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies. It is your responsibility to review each of those privacy policies to ensure the protection of your personal information.
USE OF reCAPTCHA ON WEB FORMS
MONTONI uses Google’s reCAPTCHA service to protect your entry of information on forms on our site. Google reCAPTCHA verifies that the information (on a contact form) is entered by a human being or by an automated process (a “bot”). In other words, this service allows us to distinguish between humans and computers, and prevent bots from maliciously filling out forms.
By using reCAPTCHA, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out in its policies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
From time to time, we may need to share your personal information with agents or other service providers to assist us in making all of the features of our site available (maintenance, analysis, legal requirements, fraud detection, marketing and development). Note that these may be located in Canada or in other jurisdictions or countries. They will only have access to the personal information necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and they are required not to disclose it or use it for any other purpose. Please be aware that we have contractual agreements with these providers to guarantee the security of your data.
Note that we may also share your personal information as required by law, to comply with rules or to protect the property or the safety or our rights or those of others. For example, we may disclose personal information to legal or regulatory authorities in the event that we suspect money laundering or other criminal activity, or to detect and prevent fraud. We may also need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., a court order) or to protect our assets (e.g., to collect overdue accounts).
In other words, we may transmit to a third party the personal information gathered about you, including in the following cases:
- To third-party providers including in particular, services related to the site (e.g., hosting, security). The personal information provided is then limited to only the personal information necessary for the performance of their services, and these providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of this personal information;
- Governmental public authorities and law enforcement agencies where required by applicable laws or where necessary for the provision of our services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We strive to implement the necessary and appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information in our possession. To do so, we follow, in particular, generally accepted industry standards. The personal information that we hold is therefore accessible only to persons who are qualified to have access to it and who consult it only when necessary for the performance of their duties.
Appropriate physical, technical and/or administrative safeguards and security measures have been put in place and are maintained to prevent any:
- Accidental or unlawful destruction;
- Accidental loss;
- Unauthorized disclosure;
- Unauthorized modification;
- Unauthorized access; and
- Illegal treatment
To do so, we ensure, among other things, that access to our offices and computer equipment is restricted, that our staff is trained and that our agents and suppliers of goods and services having access to personal information sign confidentiality agreements and implement security measures deemed equivalent.
If you believe that your personal information has been compromised, please contact us using the contact information listed in the “Questions, Comments or Complaints” section of this Policy.
LENGTH OF TIME FOR WHICH WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as required to pursue our business relationship with you, in accordance with our internal document retention policies or with legal and regulatory requirements.
Rigorous procedures for the retention of your personal information are in place and we will dispose of personal information that is no longer required by MONTONI for the specified purposes.
If you wish to obtain additional information, please contact us using the contact information listed in the “Questions, Comments or Complaints” section of this Policy.
Right of access to and rectification of your personal information
You may request access to your personal information or information about the existence of such information or about the manner in which we collect, use, maintain and/or disclose your personal information. You may also request that information held by MONTONI be corrected if it is found to be inaccurate, ambiguous or incomplete.
You may submit a written request to this effect by writing to the Privacy Officer at the address provided in the “Questions, Comments or Complaints” section below.
If you wish to obtain copies of your personal information, we may have to a small fee, the amount of which you would be notified in advance, simply to cover the costs of transcription, reproduction or transmission.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
The MONTONI website content may be modified at any time, and we reserve the right, at our discretion, to update, revise, modify or supplement this Policy from time to time. If so, we will notify you, as required by law. As this Policy may change over time, we recommend that you review it frequently to stay informed about how we treat your Personal Information.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS
To contact us, ask questions about this Policy, send us your comments, submit a request for access or correction, exercise any applicable right, file a complaint or obtain information about our practices or policies, please contact our Privacy Officer at the following address:
4115 Autoroute des Laurentides
Laval, Québec H7L 5W5
MONTONI wants you to know that we are committed to responding promptly and accurately to any questions or concerns you may have about the confidentiality and security of your personal information and about our privacy policies and procedures.
In the event of a complaint from you regarding the exercise of your rights as set out in this Policy, your file will be handled by the office of our Privacy Officer, who will inform you of the procedure to follow. Every complaint is investigated, and if it is found to be justified, the specific situation will be corrected and you will be informed of the outcome.