31 Jul Site Superintendent
MONTONI has experienced considerable growth since its creation in 1995. Over the years, its expertise has continued to evolve and become stronger, earning the company a well-known reputation in the construction industry. MONTONI is based on a clear and precise vision: “Create a leading-edge real-estate portfolio both from a technological and an environmental standpoint by delivering the best projects in the construction industry.”
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY :
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Site Superintendent supervises the performance of all activities related to construction projects on the sites by co-ordinating, organizing and controlling the work of site employees, including subcontractors.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
Receiving and project start-up
• Jointly with the Project Co-ordinator, plan the location and installation of the trailers and containers and obtain the approval of the Project Manager.
• Establish the site and safety perimeter and ensure proper signage on the site together with the Prevention Officer.
• Verify the plans for errors and omissions, and ensure corrections are made with the Project Manager.
• Onboard all new employees, including subcontractors, and explain the prevention program to them.
• Jointly with the Project Manager, explain the schedule and planning to the subcontractors to keep to the planned delivery dates and the critical path of the project.
Daily project management and site supervision
• Prioritize tasks, maximize work methods and ensure deadlines are met and work is moving forward according to schedule.
• Supervise, co-ordinate and organize the work of Groupe Montoni Division Construction site employees according to the set schedule.
• Establish and revise the order of priorities for important and urgent situations.
• Ensure compliance with workplace safety standards, the prevention program and site maintenance on a continuous basis and in a rigorous manner.
• Promptly identify potential risks and problems related to the project timeline and resources and communicate them to the Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator, professionals and trade contractors, as applicable; find solutions to work-related issues and recommend measures to improve efficiency.
• Manage and monitor budgets for quantities, material orders and rentals, and complete related purchase requests according to the established method.
• Co-ordinate the work of subcontractors, the various specialized workers and other trades according to the set schedule.
Site monitoring, documentation and control
• Inspect and ensure the quality of the work according to the required company and construction standards.
• Follow up on timelines and planning with subcontractors to meet delivery dates.
• Complete time sheets and minutes of daily site activities, including daily photo-taking of work and LEED projects, and document significant events and incidents.
• Verify shop drawings and ensure their coordination on site on a daily basis.
• Ensure seamless communication for the transmission of site documents to the office within a normal and regular timeframe throughout the project.
• Follow up on any “notice of change” on site.
• Keep a fast track in a controlled and safe way to eliminate downtime between two phases.
• Keep as-built floor plans up to date.
• Monitor budgets for quantities of materials and labour.
• Supervise the correction of deficiencies within the set deadlines.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with the Project Manager and administrative assistants assigned to projects.
• Maintain a professional and trusted relationship with clients, project managers, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Attend site meetings with the Project Manager, professionals and specialized contractors on a weekly basis.
• Participate in meetings to follow-up on deficiencies and ongoing improvements with project managers and contractors.
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.