20 Apr CentrOparc de Mascouche: a development project by Montoni at the crossroads of highways 25 and 640
Following an agreement between the City of Mascouche and Montoni, an innovative project covering nearly 1.6 million square feet will welcome new businesses on the North Shore of Montréal. CentrOparc de Mascouche, involving an investment of $6.4 million, will be located at the junction of highways 25 and 640.
The concept comprises two phases and will include several buildings. To meet market demand, Montoni is seeking to create a balance between spaces for light industry, offices and warehouses, as well as retail spaces.
Montoni, which was awaiting the signing of this agreement with the municipality, has already finalized several proposals with organizations interested in the project. With construction starting this year, it could generate investments totalling more than $60 million, considering the companies that will be locating there.
Environmental, social and technological features
True to the company’s values, the development will be designed to meet the high environmental, social and technological criteria of the Distinction by Montoni program.
CentrOparc will include:
- Efficient integrated management of building systems through technologies designed for occupants’ well-being;
- Ergonomic working environments;
- An automated process to suit users’ routines, schedules and preferences;
- Customized adaptation of the environment, from lighting to air conditioning;
- Charging stations to promote transportation with a low environmental impact;
- Outdoor lighting fixtures that limit light pollution;
- Showers and bicycle stands in sufficient quantities to be promoted;
- Office spaces offering more natural light and outdoor views;
- Green spaces accessible to employees.
The architecture accent will create unique surroundings that stand out from the other buildings along Highway 640. Mascouche, with its abundance of cycling paths, pedestrian walks and cross-country ski trails, also offers more than 40 neighbourhood parks located near the project.
Easy to reach
Although Mascouche has the advantage of being located near major centres, bypass roads will enable users to avoid congested areas at peak hours, giving businesses wishing to locate there the best of both worlds.
The nearby rail station will also provide access by public transit to downtown Montréal, 30 km away, in less than an hour. Designed for the business community, CentrOparc is 45 km from Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and 15 km from Montréal via Highway 25.