30 Aug AN ECO-FRIENDLY BACK-TO-SCHOOL SEASON
The back-to-school period is often synonymous with overconsumption, but did you know there are easy ways to reduce your environmental footprint?
- Reduce your number of purchases
- Reuse items from last year that are still good
- Recycle old school supplies that are worn out
Here are a few tips to help you save money and reduce your impact on the environment:
- Make a list of the articles you need that takes into account unused supplies from last year and old items that are still useable.
- When making purchases, prefer products that are more long lasting, such as rechargeable batteries, instead of single-use items.
- Repair your old supplies. Some items can be easily repaired; patch an old school bag with a bit of glue or mend a pencil case with a needle and thread.
- Purchase supplies made from recycled materials. They can be easily identified with the help of these environmental logos.
Returning to school also means the return of the lunch box!
For zero-waste lunches, avoid plastic bags that take years to decompose—buy reusable products and containers.
Finally, by getting your kids involved in the preparations, you’ll instill green values that will stay with them for the rest of their lives!