13 Feb Engineer–MEP Data Centre
MONTONI has experienced considerable growth since its creation in 1995. Over the years, its expertise has continued to evolve and become stronger, earning the company a well-known reputation in the construction industry. MONTONI is based on a clear and precise vision: “Create a leading-edge real-estate portfolio both from a technological and an environmental standpoint by delivering the best projects in the construction industry.”
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the supervision and execution of electrical and mechanical work carried out by subcontractors. They will have shared responsibility with the Project Manager to establish budgets, actively participate in the pre-construction phase and ensure delivery of the project according to set requirements and timelines.
• Prepare and co-ordinate project schedules, including the purchase of equipment, delivery and set-up on the site.
• Understand client requirements; analyze, design and adapt facilities to client needs.
• Plan and organize the sequence of work and subcontractors to meet project milestones.
• Define and continuously monitor project expectations and timelines, communicate them clearly and ensure effective co-operation between all stakeholders.
• Carry out the necessary follow-ups to ensure the project and orders are produced and delivered.
• Keep relevant documentation up to date to ensure thorough tracking of schedules, costs and billing.
• Communicate with clients, directors, subcontractors and suppliers; conduct co-ordination meetings.
• Produce and review documentation for mechanical, electrical, fire-protection, emergency-service and auxiliary power rooms.
• Co-ordinate work with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Produce monthly payment requests for the work completed.
• Produce drawings and write specifications, calculations and technical reports.
• Ensure the quality and compliance of the work according to the contract, plans and specifications as well as applicable standards and codes.
• Submit and approve technical data sheets and test plans for the validation and start-up of mechanical, electrical and fire-protection systems.
• Adhere to and implement plans and specifications, and contractual requirements.
• Conduct and monitor start-up tests and inspections to ensure smooth transfer to clients. (Integrated System Testing)
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or master electrician with extensive knowledge of mechanical systems.
• Bilingual, spoken and written (English and French).
• Five years of experience in data-centre set-up.
• Ability to write technical documents.
• Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
• In-depth knowledge of building codes.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesis skills.
• Possession of a valid driver’s licence.
• Excellent client-service abilities and concern for quality.
• Autonomous, versatile and willing to learn.
• Focused on innovation and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.