15 May Architectural technologist
MONTONI has experienced considerable growth since its creation in 1995. Over the years, its expertise has continued to evolve and become stronger, earning the company a well-known reputation in the construction industry. MONTONI is based on a clear and precise vision: “Create a leading-edge real-estate portfolio both from a technological and an environmental standpoint by delivering the best projects in the construction industry.”
From conception to finishing, our team of architects, designers, and strategists combine creativity with analytical thinking to respond to the unique challenges of every project. The result: innovative buildings and enriching environments. This position requires involvement in a variety of innovative projects, therefore we are looking for a candidate with excellent technical skills and considerable attention to detail
• Prepare documentation for several projects simultaneously.
• Coordinate architectural plans using a performance specification, municipal regulations, and building codes.
• Assist the architect in the preparation of preliminary drawings and planning stages, draw up LEED plans. • Ensure the distribution and tracking of projects within the technologist team, ensure the quality of execution by the team.
• Note and document existing conditions in drawings.
• Undertake technical research, code and zoning research.
• Produce and present material for the promotion and visualization of projects.
• Ensure the smooth execution of construction.
• Ensure project tracking and use of the Wrike platform.
• Support the team with architectural design.
• Coordinate projects with other involved professionals and stakeholders.
• Verify surface areas according to BOMA standards.
BIM MANAGEMENT :
• Coordinate the process of issuing work items and planning construction at the site.
• Analyze professional models to ensure they are developed for optimal transfer of information from the team to the construction manager so that construction can be managed as expected (costs, deadlines, 4D planning of worksite, interference detection, etc.).
• Participate in establishing BIM processes and communicate the benefits of BIM both internally and externally.
• Supervise BIM software within the company, including its installation, configuration, and maintenance, and offer support for all BIM installations as well as analysis and problem resolution for BIM users.
• Provide training and support to users.
• Support each project team by creating and managing a library of content and templates, creating and enforcing standards, and evaluating project models.
• Manage and preserve the correct use of file hierarchy and naming.
• Verify internal preliminary plans (CNB, standard, regulations, architectural concept).
• Effect preliminary CNB analyses for some projects (upon request).
• Coordinate plans (create links between models, verify the level of detail and control required as defined for each phase of the project, discounts, etc.).
• Detect conflicts and coordinate changes with other professionals.
• Update Montoni’s catalogue of standard details.
• Revise BIM Frameworks (families, etc.).
• Integrate construction/4D planning logistics.
• Implement virtual reality.
• Specialization in architecture or DCS (membership in the Ordre des Technologues is an asset).
• More than three years of experience in a similar position.
• In-depth knowledge of current construction codes in Quebec.
• In-depth knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and Photoshop.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bilingual (French/English).
• Above-average attention to detail, analytical ability, and meticulousness to ensure the quality and precision of documents.
• Organizational skills, sense of responsibility, and ability to take the initiative.
• Good work habits and versatility.
• Good understanding of software (asset).
Send your cover letter, CV, and a copy of your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.